- General Directions for Wood Iron Exterior Finishes
- Quick Reference Guide for Maintenance or Refinishing
- Tint Samples of Wood Iron Finish
- “What is an Exterior Wood Finish?” – What to look for in a finish.
- Exterior FAQ – Answers to frequently asked exterior finishing questions.
- Comprehensive Wood Iron Video Library of refinishing projects
Wood Iron is the most comprehensive exterior wood finish on the market today. Some products have good water repellency while lacking UV inhibitors. Other products use coarse iron oxide pigments that obscure the wood grain. The ingredients of Wood Iron will protect wood under any given condition wood is normally subjected to when used for siding, fencing, roofing, or decks.
- Wood Iron Exterior Oil and Water-Borne have a blend of natural oils, resins, and copolymers that penetrate into the wood cells and fibers. After the oil has solidified the structural integrity of the wood is restored. Wood Iron Generations Wood Finish is our non-oil based finish that is a blend of acrylics with elastomeric properties and is water-based.
- Wood Iron accentuates the beauty and grain of the wood. The transparent oxide tints combined with additional UV absorbers and stabilizers provide protection from the sun’s ultra-violet rays and the effect magnifies the natural beauty of the wood.
- Wood Iron has a water repellent to prevent water from penetrating into the wood.
- Wood Iron contains a powerful yet safe mildewcide to prevent the growth of mold, mildew or algae on the coating film.
Wood Iron Exterior Oil Stain
Contains approximately 60% solids. Perfect for any kind of exterior wood and perfect for maintenance coats over previous coats of Wood Iron.
This Spec Sheet contains information on directions for proper use of Wood Iron Exterior Oil Stain. Home owners should have contractors bid their finishing job to this standard. MSDS Sheet for Wood Iron Exterior Oil Wood Stain.
Wood Iron Deck, Fence & Siding Stain
Contains approximately 60% solids. Emulsified oils and resins protect new and older wood surfaces. VOC content is below 250 g/l so It is the ideal oil for states with lower VOC regulations. The same UV absorbers and stablilizers, water repellent and mildewcide work hard in Wood Iron Water-Borne to protect wood from damage from the environment. Deck, Fence & Siding Stain has superior performance at higher altitudes.
This Spec Sheet contains information on directions for proper use of Wood Iron Deck, Fence and Siding Stain. Home owners should have contractors bid their finishing job to this standard. MSDS Sheet for Wood Iron Deck, Fence & Siding Stain.
Wood Iron Generations Water-Based Stain
The Generations Water-Based product line is very durable and environmentally friendly. It has virtually no odor, is low VOC, is fast-drying and is non-flammable. Soap and water are all that are required for clean up. Generations is compatible with other water-based wood finishes and can be applied over cured oil-based finishes. UV absorbers and stablilizers, water repellent and mildewcide work exceptionally well in Wood Iron Generations to protect wood from damage from the environment.
This Spec Sheet contains information on directions for proper use of Wood Iron Generations Water-Based Stain.
MSDS Sheet for Wood Iron Generations Water-Based Stain.